Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
needicenow  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 2:48:39 PM(UTC)
needicenow

Groups: Registered

EVER SINCE I CHANGED THE PURESOURCE 2 WATER/ICE FILTER, MY ICEMAKER HAS STOPPED MAKING ICE AND FREEZER, ALTHOUGH SET AT COLDEST SETTING ISN'T KEEPING EVERYTHING FROZEN. SOLENOID IS WORKING I HAVE CHECKED IT. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE HELP WITH ANY IDEAS AT ALL :confused:

THANKS
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 3:21:09 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

May not be related to the filter.If the evaporator coils behind the back panel of the freezer are icing up because of auto defrost failure that will stop the circulation of cold air and eventually affect the freezer too.

check the defrost heater, defrost thermostat
Refrigerator Repair Guide: How To Fix a Refrigerator - ACME HOW TO.com

If the heater and thermostat are ok it’ll be the control.
needicenow  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 10:26:47 AM(UTC)
needicenow

He Said That Since I Don't Have Ice Buildup In The Backpanel After Defrosting It That It Was Probably My Compressor And That Would Not Be Cost Effective To Repair.it's Only A Couple Years Old And Only Been In Use For Not Even A Year. My Fridge Is Still Cold So If It Was The Compressor Would It Still Get Cold? Is There Anyway To Check Your Compressor? He Said Alot Of The Newer Side By Side Frigidaires Have Had Faulty Compressors Is This True? Please Help:)
needicenow  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:24:35 AM(UTC)
needicenow

I Have Been Searching For Answers On Here Because I Don't Think It's My Compressor...it's Running....i Do See Alot Of The Posts Suggesting That It May Be Low On Freon....only The Top Of The Evaporator Coil Is Frosty About A Quarter Of The Way Down...the Rest Has None....could It Just Be Low Freon? If So How Do You Go About Getting It Filled Up?
woodchuckie  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 11:53:01 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

That is a sign of low freon. You have to get a tech to check it, fix the leak and recharge the system. The sealed system which is the compressor and any where it might be leaking is covered under a 5 year warranty.
needicenow  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 19, 2009 12:09:58 PM(UTC)
needicenow

I Bought The Fridge From A Guy On Craigslist He Said He Only Used It 6mos And Had Bought It 3 Years Ago New.so I Have No Warranty Info. Does It Sound Like My Compressor? How Do I Check It?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply