Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
momof1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 9:28:31 AM(UTC)
momof1

Groups: Registered

My freezer is not cooling. The fan is running inside but the air coming out is not cold. I've vacummed everywhere and unplugged it for about an hour. Now it is still making that clicking noise about every 5min or so. Someone please help:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kooler  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:07:10 AM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

Sounds like a defective start relay or compressor but without a model number there's not much help I can offer...
momof1  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 11:50:23 AM(UTC)
momof1

Groups: Registered

Hi. The model # is ED5GXMB00. If this doesnt work let me know. Some sites didnt recognize it. I've cleaned out from under it the best I could. They make it impossible to clean them well. Anyway both the fridge and freezer are not cooling. It still sounds like it is running but it is not cool. It is still "clicking" on every now and then. Thanks for your help! :confused:
kooler  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:36:18 PM(UTC)
kooler

Groups: Senior Expert

I located a parts list for a ED5GHGXMBOO fridge... The start relay/overload is part number AP3885081 at APPros (MFR 8201786) and it is located on the side of the compressor... Disconnect power when replacing this part... If the compressor still will not start after replacing the relay then your compressor is defective and the decision to repair or replace your fridge will need to be made... Good luck, kooler
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply