Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Chan Patel  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 9:32:52 AM(UTC)
Chan Patel

Groups: Registered

My fridge was working fine.I shut off to clean the condensor coil.I turned on and in two days the teperature was up so I saw ice block around the evaporator coil.I defrosted for a day by shutting off and leaving doors open.I started and after 24 hours the freezer temp. is 32F.What is the problem.I kept the head panel off as there was lot of heat built up at the compressor.
Where do I clip the thermostat?It was hanging behind the evaporator coil.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 5:17:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chan Patel Go to Quoted Post
...I kept the head panel off as there was lot of heat built up at the compressor...

...Where do I clip the thermostat?It was hanging behind the evaporator coil...

It's not suppose to be that hot there, especially if you cleaned the condenser. Check if the fan next to the compressor is working properly. Make sure you put all baffles in place.

Which thermostat are you talking about? You can use the reference numbers from the diagram.

Gene.
Chan Patel  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 7:36:52 PM(UTC)
Chan Patel

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
It's not suppose to be that hot there, especially if you cleaned the condenser. Check if the fan next to the compressor is working properly. Make sure you put all baffles in place.

Which thermostat are you talking about? You can use the reference numbers from the diagram.

Gene.

The fan motor,the compressor,the evaporator coil and the fan motor were replaced 2 years ago.They all are working.The ice maker is not working now as the temp. is 32 f in the freezer.
The thermostat is part no.12.The compressor does not shut off as it does not get cold enough.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 7:55:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Check how the evaporator is covered with snow. Normally it suppose to be about 100% covered with thin snow. If it's not then there is a problem with a sealed system. It could be low on Freon or the compressor has low capacity.

This thermostat has to be attached to the side of the evaporator coil.

Gene.
Chan Patel  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:10:22 AM(UTC)
Chan Patel

I opend the two panels and again there is solid ice block built around the evaporator coil.The freezer temp. is 40 F.Do you still think it is low on freon?I also forgot to mention that condensing coil was also replaced 2 years ago.Ge replaced the copressor and is the same as the original.
Chan Patel  
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:13:00 AM(UTC)
Chan Patel

I just became curious and found that the defrost timer sigle pin area has turned dark brown.It looks like it is burned up.Is this why the ice block around the evaporator coil?
woodchuckie  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 2:32:04 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes, you can test it by turning it till the compressor cut off and see if the heater comes on. If it does, the timer is bad.
Chan Patel  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 6:10:45 AM(UTC)
Chan Patel

I have ordered new defrost timer from Appliance Parts Pro as the existing defrost timer fell apart when I opened it.
I found two thermostats item part no:12.near the evaporator coil. One has blue and red wires and the other has orange and red wires.The diagram shows only one thermostat.I am now really confused.Please help!!!
Gene  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 5:48:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

One of these thermostats is for defrost and the other one is for the evaporator fan. I believe they are identical (temperature wise).

Gene.
Chan Patel  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 11:11:39 AM(UTC)
Chan Patel

Thanks Gene, does it matter which one is loated above the other behind the evaporator coil?
Thanks a lot for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply