Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PCactive  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:26:02 PM(UTC)
PCactive

Groups: Registered

ON going for quite a while

initially fan was making loud racket noise and when repair guy came to fix we realize it was because fan was hitting frozen solid liquid that built up in the fan housing area.

Being an idiot, he just assumed it was liquid dripping from refrigerator and just defrosted the area and fan worded fine.

About 3 weeks later, Refrigerator completely stop cooling so I just assumed it was the fan hitting Ice build up again and motor stop working.

I order fan myself and had a handy man replace a much cheaper price then having clueless refrigerator repair guy come back out.

Did not work right away and noticed a lot of ice build up around the heartier defrost area. Assumed it was because fan was not working and not the other way around.So we put blow dryer to the defrost and jiggled the wires for the heater to kick on.

Fan started working after the freezer was defrosted

refrigerator worked for 5 days and now again it is not cooling

I am Now assuming it is the defrost timer, or whatever makes that thing work properly, based on what I have read in these forums. I know the heater itself is working, so it is something to do with getting it to trigger on and off.

I saw some other post and tried to find in the diagram where to find the things related to what I need to test.

I am a clueless female and will be having a handy man come out and check this for me. Please give specifics of how he is to figure out what is wrong.

We know where evaporator fan is located, so if you can tell us where to look in relation to this we should be able to find.

If anyone knows of a video we can watch, this would be most helpful!

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.