Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RodneyW  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 12:12:01 PM(UTC)
RodneyW

Groups: Registered

Hotpoint Fridge Model HSM25GFTASA, is a side by side with a water/cube dispenser on the left door. It's still making ice cubes, but the water dispenser is not working. You select water on the control panel, push the lever in and the light comes on and you here a buzzing noise coming from inside the fridge like normal but no water.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 1:14:11 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Your water line could be frozen in the door. You can disconnect the line under the unit before it goes into the door at the bottom hinge. Push the dispenser button and see if it comes out there. If it does try a hair dryer blowing where the water line is at the dispenser for a few minutes. or leave the door open till it thaws.
RodneyW  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 1:27:29 PM(UTC)
RodneyW

Thanks for reply. I'll disconnect water line and try leaving door open for awhile. I have already tried the hair dryer, low setting, on the water line exit tube for about 5 minutes. Unfortunately, it caused 2 plastic parts (ice maker funnel and housing) to soften and lose their shape ... had to order replacement parts.
RodneyW  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 1:38:40 PM(UTC)
RodneyW

Woodchuckie, I just disconnected water line at bottom of the fridge as suggested, and was able to get water flow at that point. I'll try leaving freezer door open to see if line will thaw out.
RodneyW  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 2:14:15 PM(UTC)
RodneyW

Water now works. I left the freezer door open for about 15 minutes and water line thawed out. Stuffing freezer compartment with several towels helps keep the cold in the main compartment. When testing with the door open, I noticed that you have to manually close the light switch at top of freezer compartment to get the water paddle switch to work. Thanks for your help!
woodchuckie  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 4:04:08 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

I'm glad it worked and i'm sorry about melting your door. I won't recommend that again.

This could happen again. I've heard of some people taping some insulation to the inside of the door in the area where it freezes.
RodneyW  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 4:24:26 PM(UTC)
RodneyW

I actually melted the parts a few weeks ago, well before your post. I probably had the hair dryer on the high setting. Replacement parts from appliancepartspro were very affordable ... much better than other suppliers. Your open freezer door suggestion worked and this saved me a very expensive service call. Thanks again for the help you are providing others on this site. Take care.
rkarrjr  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:04:50 PM(UTC)
rkarrjr

I also have the problem of no water,but still have ice to the door front tap.I have unhooked the line on the bottom of the door and have NO water flow.I have unhooked the line AFTER the filter and DO have water coming out of that line. Just before this problem happened the filter was almost plugged as the flow was very slow. Could we have burnt up the diverter switch (part #AP3192626) on just the water to the door,but not the ice maker side since I still have the ability to make ice? Thanks for any replies.
nowinfl  
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:05:47 AM(UTC)
nowinfl

Thanks woodchukie...I had been frustrated by this issue that ice dispenser worked, and water line underneath the door (where the coupler is) brought the water until it entered the freezer door...and this was the second time it happened. Last time, I had done something..changed filters, opened the panels in the back, and magically it had worked until it happened again! But now I know the real reason...like woodchukie suggested, the line in freezer door is frozen. Leaving the door open stick alone didn't work, so I turned the freezer knob down all the way to zero and left the door open...and voila! in 20 minutes, water was coming again! You guys solved my 6 months of headache...
nicewoman1  
#10 Posted : Monday, July 18, 2011 9:10:41 AM(UTC)
nicewoman1

It was wonderfull to just search on computer instead of paying a repair man and found the problem that 15min was right on it and I had water once again out of my refrigerator. Thank you from a woman alone trying to due things on my own.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply