Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GeoTech  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2009 11:14:38 PM(UTC)
GeoTech

Groups: Registered

For the past six months, my ice maker would make ice only to have the cubes melt and re-freeze, causing icicles to form all down the back of my freezer. This went on for about a month until one day I got so pissed that I finally just turned off the ice maker and removed the ice tray to make more room on the already cramped top shelf.

Just two nights ago, I went to the freezer to grab an ice cream and found that most of the freezer's contents were partially thawed and the reading on the digital thermometer kept rising. I emptied the contents into the outside fridge and freezer, opened the back of the refrigerator and found that the compressor was not powering on. I went to my local appliance sales center only to find that he did not have the part in stock and could not even look it up because he is an idiot. any way I ended up just buying an all-in-one run cap/relay/overload switch and installed it. It Still would not start, so I checked the voltage to the switch only to discover that I was missing the 120Vac needed to run the compressor. I followed the power line back to the main board and checked to see if there was 120Vac coming off the board at (J8). There was no voltage on the output (J8) so I removed the board and brought it into my shop. I removed the (K7) switch, and noticed that one of the runs coming from beneath the switch to the compressor output (J8) was burnt open. I repaired the open, replaced the switch, and powered it on. Immediately the compressor kicked on! I was so happy I could shit! But 10 minutes later the refrigerator and freezer were still not getting cool. I checked the compressor again. It was definitely running and was nice and warm to the touch, but the refrigerator is still not getting cold. I have the whole thing apart but still have no answers.
Could someone please help me? If you have any tips or hints to what is going on It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Katter
Murrieta, CA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.