Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jpackman  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:34:49 PM(UTC)
jpackman

Groups: Registered

Trying to replace starter on my Frigidaire refrigerator, ordered the correct part per the manual, (part number 218721110, for Model FRS26ZRG) but it looks nothing like the original 2 component starter. I believe I figured it out, but want to make sure its correct before I hook it up. The original starter had 4 wires, (red, blue, and 2 blacks) the 2 black wires were going to the capacitor, the red going the the lower component, and the blue attached to the same component as the capacitor. All of wires currently have female connections. The new starter is one sealed unit with 4 connections, 2 male and 2 female connections, with the 2 male connections labeled L and N, and no labels on the female connections. My question is, would the 2 female connections be for the capacitor connections and the L and N be for the red and blue wires? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are a couple of pictures. In the picture of the new starter, it will need to be rotated upside down to attach to the compressor. And in the picture of the old starter, the 2 black wires are attached to the connections labeled 2 and 3, with the blue wire connected to connection labeled 1, there is an empty connection opposite the blue wire that has never been connected. There is no label where the red wire is connected to.
File Attachment(s):
DSC_0330.JPG (269kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
jpackman attached the following image(s):
DSC_0333.JPG
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.