Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
farmey  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2009 1:07:45 PM(UTC)
farmey

Groups: Registered

PDS22SBPARSS ser# KF04413 Bottom Freezer

Used a local repair firm, turns out to be a ripoff of $438 and nowhere to be found. Don't have control board, so cannot troubleshoot. Have bought new board (AP4297272) and new Evap mtr asm (AP3743432) from your parts dept.
My question: Do I need anything else, I don't want to destroy the control brd (I should have done this repair myself in the beginning, lazy I guess)

Unit is 5 yr, 2 mo old with 5 year warranty. (GE has it down pat!:D )

TIA
Forrest
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2009 4:25:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What was the original problem? What was done by the repair guy?

If you think the new motor and control board will solve the problem then replace the fan motor first and then replace the control board. Do not power up the refrigerator until you replace both parts.

Gene.
farmey  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2009 6:14:32 PM(UTC)
farmey

original problem was frig warm & freezer cold. Repair guy said that I needed a new control brd and said that I needed to give him $300 deposit to special order the brd. He returned following day and installed new?? brd and collected another $138 and left.(on a friday of course) the frig then displayed the correct temp for the frig and freezer(37 & 0), except my mercury thermometers said that the freezer was around 0 degrees and the frig was 63 degrees. Called the tech and he came about a week later and removed the control brd to have the supply house test it. He finally returned my many calls and said that the parts supplier would replace the brd only if I bought a replacement evap mtr kit for $300. H e then said to check internet for better price. I found your site and bought kit for $189, called for tech several times and finally found that he had moved to IL.. and they had no record of any unfinished repairs.(in other words, kiss off!) So I am without a control brd and out $438. I have on order a new cntrl brd from your site and will replace brd and evap mtr kit when received. Wanted to know if I needed to replace any thing else before powering up the unit. I don't want to distroy the cntrl brd and start all over.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2009 8:28:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

If I got it right your refrigerator now is without the control board at all? If this is correct then you have to install the new control board and the fan motor first. Hopefully it will solve the problem. Keep us posted.

Gene.
P.S. If you called this guy trough his office and you do have all paperwork then you can take this company in a court because the company is liable for all their workers.
farmey  
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 9, 2009 11:24:59 AM(UTC)
farmey

Gene, I have the old evap fan asm removed. Can I apply 13vdc across red/wht to check operation? Do I need a second source to apply 8-13 vdc to the yel/wht or can I tie the yel and red together? What is blu lead for?

remember, I don't have a cntrl brd yet.
Res between red/wht=1800
Res between yel/wht= 2.8M

Is there a schematic available somewhere?

Thanks for your time & knowledge
Forrest
Gene  
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2009 1:15:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Forrest,

You can not test the motor this way. If the motor is bad then it will damage the new control board, so it's better to replace it anyway.

Gene.
farmey  
#7 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 3:01:25 PM(UTC)
farmey

Hi Gene, I replaced the cntrl brd and fan assem after making mods to brd as instructed,

Everything worked great, for awhile! Now after about a month, the same symptoms have returned. Freezer -9 degrees, refer 60 degrees.

I am now convinced that GE no longer makes a decent product. I have had many GE products in the past with great success, but now I believe they only make JUNK!

Is there a test procedure that can be run to determine what has failed or should I cut my losses($700+) and make a trip to the dump.
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2009 3:47:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

In order to perform the diagnostic tests this refrigerator requires a special diagnostic equipments which will cost you between $120 and $180. If you are interested I can give you the part numbers or you can call GE authorized tech for diagnostics. In that case make sure he has these equipments and he will use them.

Gene.
pango  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 8:30:33 AM(UTC)
pango

Is there a circuit diagram somewhere for this model (GE Profile PDS22SBPARSS) ?
Gene  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 3:46:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: pango Go to Quoted Post
Is there a circuit diagram somewhere for this model (GE Profile PDS22SBPARSS) ?

The tech sheet is usually inside the control panel.

What is wrong with the refrigerator?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric PDS22SBPARSS Refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply