Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
canaanp  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:13:43 PM(UTC)
canaanp

Groups: Registered

Greetings, new to the forum, and hoping to get a little info...

I have this fridge, model listed in the posting details, that came with our house when we bought it last year. Several months after we bought the place, I noticed the fridge would make a clicking sound a few times then stop. Everything appeared to work fine though so I didn't worry too much about it. As time went on, the clicking went on longer and longer, sometimes all day long. However, the fridge still kept reasonable temps, so again I wasn't too worried. Now the fridge will not keep temps, and when powered, the clicking is constant. I have replaced parts on appliances before, but never a fridge. I am a controls electrician, so I am familiar with a lot of this type of stuff, but I don't know anything about fridges. I did discover that the clicking sound is coming from the main board, but not sure which component. Could the clicking be related to the fact that it doesn't keep temps any longer, or is this two separate issues? I would not mind to replace the board, but I would hate to spend the money on it if the problem were actually some $5 dollar part instead. Any advice is greatly appreciated - thanks for reading :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.