Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fastirwin  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:05:07 AM(UTC)
fastirwin

Groups: Registered

Have a Kenmore fridge, has option for water/ice in door. Not producing ice, and no water in door. Checked my copper supply line and water is flowing fine. Plastic tubing lines on fridge look clear, but are getting no water.

Ice maker turns when arm is activated but looks like not getting any water, and no water coming out of the door, though looks like it would otherwise work fine.

I'm thinking I need to order a new dual inlet but wanted to be sure before I order, can you please help me diagnose this problem?

Also, there is not water filter on this model, can you recommend a good filter to put inline somewhere?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2009 2:43:13 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

You may not be getting power to the inlet valve. Do you hear any noise from the valve when you try the water. If not, check for voltage when you try. If you do get power then I would replace the valve.
fastirwin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:19:21 PM(UTC)
fastirwin

Hello,

I replaced the inlet valve today, now the water is flowing to the door, and the icemaker made 4 ice cubes. It has not made more ice since, and it's been hours. Any suggestions?
woodchuckie  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 4:28:34 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Does the ice maker have ice in it but won't dump. Or did it not refill with water on the last cycle. If there's no water in it, fill it manually to see if it will start back.
fastirwin  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 6:31:51 AM(UTC)
fastirwin

The ice maker is turning, but not producing any ice as far as I can tell. Where would the cubes be? How do I manually fill it with water?
woodchuckie  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 6:59:40 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

In this picture as seen from above,the water fills the eight cube molds. You can get a glass of water and pour it into the mold. The water will spread out and fill all of them. When it's frozen the ice maker will start the dump cycle. The white arms will rotate around pushing the ice out and into the ice bin. When the arms are back in position the ice maker should fill with water for the next cycle.
fastirwin  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 7:42:58 AM(UTC)
fastirwin

Thanks, I did the manual fill and can feel ice forming, will let you know when/if it drops. Can the plastic supply tube inside the freezer freeze? It feels/looks stiff possibly frozen.

If the ice drops successfully on the manual fill what do I do next?
fastirwin  
#8 Posted : Friday, May 15, 2009 10:17:27 AM(UTC)
fastirwin

OK the manual water has frozen in the ice tray and they aren't dropping. The arms haven't moved in a few hours to try and drop them.

Before I tried the manual water the arms were regularly moving because I could hear them click, but there was no ice being produced in the tray.
fastirwin  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 6:08:14 AM(UTC)
fastirwin

I poured some hot water over the frozen ice tray, the unit started spinning and ejected the ice normally. I must have overfilled the tray manually which is why it didn't dump on it's own. I didn't hear any water coming back into the tray.

So now the question is, why isn't the water getting to the tray?
woodchuckie  
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 16, 2009 8:28:40 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Try swapping the wires on the dual water inlet valve. Then try the water dispenser. The water should go to the ice maker. This will tell you weather or not the ice maker valve is working and if the line is clear. If it does then the ice maker is at fault.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply