Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djneil1  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 9:01:28 AM(UTC)
djneil1

Groups: Registered

I am not getting water to my icemaker but am getting water through the door. I removed the water filter and checked for any clogged lines. Then I replaced the dual fill valve. Still no water to the icemaker. The optical sensor appeared to be giving the correct indications that it is working properly based on what I have seen on other posts regarding how to check if it is operating correctly. I am thinking my next step is replacing the icemaker itself....can someone please confirm that this is a logical next step??? Perhaps I am overlooking some other simple troubleshooting I could perform first. Thanks in advance for any tips/help/assistance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 3:25:22 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Swap the water solenoid connectors and have someone press the water fountain. If the solenoid hums, but no water, you have a frozen water line.
djneil1  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 5:25:34 AM(UTC)
djneil1

Thanks for the advice but when I replaced the fill valve, I made an effort to check my lines. I disconnected the tubing at the back of the fridge and poured a small amount of water into the tube and I was able to blow it all the way into the tray. I have gone ahead and ordered a new icemaker (from this site) and if that doesn't do the job, I'll certainly swap out those connectors. Thank you.
djneil1  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 3:20:08 AM(UTC)
djneil1

Swapped out the icemaker itself and we are back in business.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply