Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FBN  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 8:41:52 PM(UTC)
FBN

Groups: Registered

Refrig light was off and inside was hot when I opened door. Freezer was also getting warmer. I unplugged it and then plugged it back in after a few minutes. I pressed turbo cool and temp in freezer and refrig cooled back to normal after a few hours. Light in refrig then went on fine when door was opened. Same thing happened the next day. Everything has been ok for last 3 days but I don't ever hear the usual clicking sounds that the refrig used to make. What could be happenning? Should I call for service?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

stevens32803@yahoo.com  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 6:27:54 AM(UTC)
stevens32803@yahoo.com

I am having the same problem! Light was off. Door closed. When I opened the refrig side it was 150-200 degrees inside everything was cooking. Any answers?
FBN  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 7, 2013 7:09:47 AM(UTC)
FBN

You will need to have the main contol board replaced. That was the fix for my problem. Its about a $300 repair. I will never buy GE again. There are other less expensive refrigs that are more reliable. My ice maker also broke after only a few years of use.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply