Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaneKast  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 14, 2011 8:55:25 AM(UTC)
DaneKast

Groups: Registered

I have an Amana side-by-side fridge/freezer combo (couldn't find the model number, sorry.)

A couple of weeks ago, the high temp alarm started going off, and I noticed that everything in the upper half of either side was warm. Since the upper half is the more frequently used half, I assumed it was the entire unit. We tried various temperature settings, thinking maybe the coils had frozen over, and if they didn't work as hard, maybe things could snap back.

Finally, two days ago, we just emptied it, and unplugged it, and gave it a good cleaning (I had already cleaned the dust from the front, as I know it's important to keep that airway clear.) When we were emptying it, I noticed that the stuff on the bottom was still frozen (in the case of the freezer), or still cold (on the fridge side.)

After we cleaned it, and let it sit over night, we plugged it back in, and again, let it sit over night. When I checked it this morning, I noticed that on both sides, still, the bottom is exactly what you'd expect from a refrigeration unit, but the top is warm...

Any ideas what could be causing this and how to fix it? I haven't popped off any of the back panels yet, in case that could factor into someone's answer.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.