Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mav2386  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 10:47:39 AM(UTC)
mav2386

Groups: Registered

Okay, last week I posted up a topic about a Frigidaire that wasn't working anymore, so I took a fridge from my uncle who said was working last he used it, which was over a year ago. So he lives down the street so why not try it? So, I plugged it in and the freezer fan wasn't working, so I took the back part out and fixed it, so now air is blowing. The fridge has been plugged in for 4 days and I'm convinced that there is something wrong, but I don't know what it is. The compressor is working fine, no noises of trouble, the fan on the bottom is working perfectly, I cleaned the coils underneath, I made sure that the airflow is ok, but the air that is blowing in the freezer is just normal, room temperature air. I checked the back of the freezer again and there is no frost, nothing. So, the freezer and fridge is not cooling at all, now my question is, could it be the freon? I wouldn't even know if there was a leak, I would rather fix this fridge since it's bigger, if that's the case. Please help, thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 3:18:00 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The compressor must be very warm, but not hot and the condensing coils warm all over, if not, you have system problems for a tech to check.
mav2386  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 3:14:48 PM(UTC)
mav2386

I thought that it would be a problem with the system since everything is fine. Maybe it's the freon, would you happen to know a range in price? It's alright if you don't, I would just want to be prepared on what to expect.
mav2386  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 10:51:26 PM(UTC)
mav2386

Well, nevermind the first thing, the coils underneath are not warm at all, they're cold, so what does that mean?
richappy  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 12:59:41 AM(UTC)
richappy

If the compressor is warm, order a new start device, but you will need to get the right model #
mav2386  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 10:49:58 AM(UTC)
mav2386

So, I just touched the compressor and it's very warm to hot, but it's not too hot. Does that mean I should still order a new start device or could it be something else?
richappy  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 5:02:47 PM(UTC)
richappy

Yes, order a new start device, this assumes the compressor is not running,
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply