Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dryview  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:32:03 AM(UTC)
dryview

Groups: Registered

I just replaced the damper and control assy and the damper door will not operate, what could I have done wrong? Kit#AP5176342
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:17:50 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dryview Go to Quoted Post
I just replaced the damper and control assy and the damper door will not operate, what could I have done wrong? Kit#AP5176342

Dryview, Check and make sure the wiring connector are on the right components, there are no loose connections or bent terminals when you pull the connectors off to check.

Thanks and good Luck,
:) :) :)
dryview  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 4:17:41 AM(UTC)
dryview

I had to replace the kit with the original assembly, as it was freezing the fridge. The kit used only one damper motor switch versus two on the original.Also there was a mollex plug that had nowhere to go. fridge control had extra contacts as well. Maybe the kit doesn't fit this model? FRS26H5ASB4
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 5:59:01 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I had to replace the kit with the original assembly, as it was freezing the fridge. The kit used only one damper motor switch versus two on the original.Also there was a mollex plug that had nowhere to go. fridge control had extra contacts as well. Maybe the kit doesn't fit this model? FRS26H5ASB4

Dryview, I've researched several parts resources and part number

Part number: AP5176342

Is the correct repalcement part number for your refrigerator.

We would not expect you to have "left over" wiring or connectors, since the replacement part was pre wired from the assembly line.

You may want to review the installation instructions, and verify the correct parts are in the box.

Good Luck,
dryview  
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:27:47 AM(UTC)
dryview

I've been out of town for awhile. Here's a photo of the kit part and what's different.

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Dryview, I've researched several parts resources and part number

Is the correct repalcement part number for your refrigerator.

We would not expect you to have "left over" wiring or connectors, since the replacement part was pre wired from the assembly line.

You may want to review the installation instructions, and verify the correct parts are in the box.

Good Luck,
dryview attached the following image(s):
refer kit copy.jpg
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 1:35:47 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I've been out of town for awhile. Here's a photo of the kit part and what's different.

Dryview,

Sorry for the delayed response,
I was able to get you some informatiion, Your refrigerator is a bit older than thought and you'll need to move a connector, and there should have been a "jumper" wire harness supplied with the kit.

( I'm using your picture as an indicator, hope it helps)

At the damper motor, you will need to move the wire connector(gray and gray/white wires) to the other switch farthest away from the motor and the switch closest to the motor will have no connector/wires.

You wil need to attach the "jumper wire harness in the kit to the two wire connector( blue and orange/white wires) and route the harness to the control in the front panel.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Good Luck and Thanks,

dryview  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 22, 2011 7:58:36 AM(UTC)
dryview

OK, there was no jumper harness in the kit. But if I need only to connect the molex plug wires together, (blue and orange white) I can do that, and move the motor switch over. There is no open connector in the control panel section.

John

Dryview,

Sorry for the delayed response,
I was able to get you some informatiion, Your refrigerator is a bit older than thought and you'll need to move a connector, and there should have been a "jumper" wire harness supplied with the kit.

( I'm using your picture as an indicator, hope it helps)

At the damper motor, you will need to move the wire connector(gray and gray/white wires) to the other switch farthest away from the motor and the switch closest to the motor will have no connector/wires.

You wil need to attach the "jumper wire harness in the kit to the two wire connector( blue and orange/white wires) and route the harness to the control in the front panel.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Good Luck and Thanks,

Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 6:39:30 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

OK, there was no jumper harness in the kit. But if I need only to connect the molex plug wires together, (blue and orange white) I can do that, and move the motor switch over. There is no open connector in the control panel section.

John

John,

We've got more information for you.
On the older unit(s) you will need to move the damper motor harness to the other switch.

If you do not have a matching harness and connection, that comes from the sensor in the freezer compartment, leave the two wire (orange/white and blue) wire harness alone. do not "jump" the wires(you may want to tape off the connector, to keep moisture out, but thats all, unless you have the matching harness from the freezer there).

Recheck and make sure the temperature probes and wiring are installed and routed properly, the control box kit is properly installed and has good, air tight seal to the walls and ceiling, and all should be fine and up to par in a few hours.
Thanks and Good Luck,
dryview  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 7:00:23 AM(UTC)
dryview

Thanks for the help Joe; moving the switch wiring to the other unwired switch did the trick, been in now a couple of weeks and working fine.
John

John,

We've got more information for you.
On the older unit(s) you will need to move the damper motor harness to the other switch.

If you do not have a matching harness and connection, that comes from the sensor in the freezer compartment, leave the two wire (orange/white and blue) wire harness alone. do not "jump" the wires(you may want to tape off the connector, to keep moisture out, but thats all, unless you have the matching harness from the freezer there).

Recheck and make sure the temperature probes and wiring are installed and routed properly, the control box kit is properly installed and has good, air tight seal to the walls and ceiling, and all should be fine and up to par in a few hours.
Thanks and Good Luck,
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2011 10:17:36 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the help Joe; moving the switch wiring to the other unwired switch did the trick, been in now a couple of weeks and working fine.
John

John,
Great, we're glad you're up and running. Thanks for the update, you did a great job.

:D :D :D
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply