Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jon cope  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 3:14:50 PM(UTC)
jon cope

Groups: Registered

I have frigidaire refer. side by side and the freezer fan kicks on and off about 20 times before it finally starts running a normal cycle.I tested voltage at the fan when the problem was happening and the voltage to the freezer fan is going off and on . I would replace the control panel but it not available for this unit I have to figure out what part to replace .any help apreciated
thanks jon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 7:27:54 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS23H5ASB9 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the wiring diagram
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...f/Anderson/240389615.pdf

Looks like the evaporator fan is controlled by the adaptive defrost board (Item 23 in Section 5).
There is a kit to replace the ADC.

I am assuming that everything else seems OK just the fan starting is the problem.
I would disconnect the leads to the fan and monitor them. There is a possibility that a bad fan could be what is effecting the voltage across it. Or remove the fan, attach a line cord to it and plug it in the wall to see if it runs OK.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
jon cope  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2011 9:46:36 AM(UTC)
jon cope

Groups: Registered

I tested the voltage to the fan with the fan hooked up when it was going on and off my volt meter was going on and off at the same time and i heard something clicking at the thermo.I guess it could be fan pulling to much current kicking a overload circuit on the adc ? I will test one more time with the fan disconected and mabe order new fan and adc.Thanks Jon..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply