Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Josh_Dude83  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2011 12:01:24 PM(UTC)
Josh_Dude83

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore refrigerator that appears to always be running. Didn't do this when we had nothing in it, but a case of water. Once we moved into the house and filled in the fridge, I started to notice it always running. I've tried changing the temp and the usage knobs, however still no change. Just pulled it away from wall a little further to see if that has any effect, will post back later if that fixes the problem. I have a purchased thermostat in the fridge and it reads 25 deg no matter what setting I set the temp knob at. The light switch goes out when door closes so I know it's not the light keeping it warm in there and running. The model: 106.8658281
serial: E62031289

I'm new to this whole fridge repair, but I understand the basics. If there are any suggestions as to how to proceed in diagnosing and fixing, please post. Any part suggestions please let me know where to buy and what the part number is.

At first thought I'm thinking thermostat? Only thing I could find was a thermostat barrier assembly and bi-metal defrost thermostat.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 1:19:29 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Measure the stabilized freezer temperature and post.
Josh_Dude83  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 6:12:45 PM(UTC)
Josh_Dude83

10 deg solid
richappy  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 1:01:05 AM(UTC)
richappy

A little too warm, pull the back of the fridg off and check condensing coils for a clog.
Josh_Dude83  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 6:45:54 AM(UTC)
Josh_Dude83

do you mean the panel in the freezer or actually on the back of fridge. What am I looking for when you mean "clog"?
richappy  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 12:47:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Remove the back panel where the compressor is, check condensing coils for fuz or a bad condensing fan motor, on this fridg the condensing coils may be under the fridg.
Josh_Dude83  
#7 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 3:49:18 PM(UTC)
Josh_Dude83

The fridge doesn't have any back panel. The condenser coils are along the back of the fridge from floor to top. They appear clean. I have cleared out the fridge and the freezer a bit and the temps have dropped to 0 deg in freezer while still set on 1 for the cold setting.
bgreania  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2011 6:27:35 PM(UTC)
bgreania

My refrigerator ran constantly as well. Check to see if your fridge is cooled by a vent which originates in the freezer. When I looked in my freezer, the vent was blocked because the freezer needed to be defrosted. I used a blow dryer inside the freezer to speed up the process.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply