Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
raterus  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:06:24 AM(UTC)
raterus

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone! Lately I've been experiencing a very annoying problem with my ice maker. I think I've diagnosed when it happens, and when it doesn't and was hoping someone with experience can tell me exactly what I need to fix/replace.

Basically, when I dispense drinking water from the door, the ice machine inlet drips water. This water eventually clogs up the ice maker, causing further issues.

However, I've caught the ice machine filling itself up, and after the valve shuts off, I do NOT observe the dripping.

My research leads me to the water inlet valves in the back of the unit, either the primary water inlet valve, or one of the secondary valves that dispense water to the ice machine/door. The primary water valve routes directly to the water filter, then back to a secondary valve, then after that I've never really looked at it too hard to know/understand what is going on!

I would think, but don't know for sure, that if I only observe the problem when I fill up water from the door dispenser, that it's not my primary valve. Maybe I'm completely off about the problem, but I definitely want to get this fixed!

Any ideas which valve I need to replace, my guess is the secondary?

Thanks!
--Michael
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.