Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jnd42697  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:30:19 AM(UTC)
jnd42697

Groups: Registered

I purchased a AP4172188 (DA97-00258C) because my ice maker stopped dumping the ice and it would continually fill the tray with water and it froze all over the inside of the freezer. I received the new unit installed it yesterday and it does the same thing. Tray fills with water and freezes but it doesn't dump into the bin. How can I test it and make sure it is rotating to dump the ice and if it is rotating why are the cubes not falling into the bin?

Thanks
Jeff
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:48:09 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jnd42697 Go to Quoted Post
I purchased a AP4172188 (DA97-00258C) because my ice maker stopped dumping the ice and it would continually fill the tray with water and it froze all over the inside of the freezer. I received the new unit installed it yesterday and it does the same thing. Tray fills with water and freezes but it doesn't dump into the bin. How can I test it and make sure it is rotating to dump the ice and if it is rotating why are the cubes not falling into the bin?

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,
There's a blck rubber button on the front, bottom panel of the ice maker control head, press and hold that button in until the ice maker starts to rotate. You may have to dismantle, the icemaker and housing and check the ice tray "catch Latch" to make sure the tray catches the latch and twists to disp[ense the cubes from the tray.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
jnd42697  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 11:30:06 AM(UTC)
jnd42697

Thanks for the info on the test button. The tray rotates but the ice cubes do not fall out the it fills with water again and the water runs all in the freezer and makes a frozen mess everywhere. That is what the old one was doing. What might be the fix for this problem.

Thanks
Jeff
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:17:34 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the info on the test button. The tray rotates but the ice cubes do not fall out the it fills with water again and the water runs all in the freezer and makes a frozen mess everywhere. That is what the old one was doing. What might be the fix for this problem.

Thanks
Jeff

Jeff,

Does the ice tray ever stop and twist, to dispense the cubes, or does the tray just rotate 360 dgrs. ?

This is the way this works, when you press and hold the test button the ice tray will rotate clockwise. When the ice tray rotates 180 dgrsTurns upside down) the tab on the end of the tray, and the tab on the rear support meet and hold the tray stll, the motor continues to run and the tray twists and the cubes fall out and into the ice cube bin. the motor rotates and returns to the original position and fills with water, and a new cycle ice production cycle begins.
Sounds like you have a "mechanical" issue, a broken tab, or cracked ice tray, or a cracked housing support, or tab on the support.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, you may have to dismantle the complete ice maker and housing assembly to check for broken , cracked, damaged parts.

jnd42697  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:57:10 PM(UTC)
jnd42697

OK. I cleaned the ice tray and sprayed it with Pam and installed everything. Just went in and hit the rotate button and the tray is popping out of the slot it rides in and is just turning upside down and not hitting the tab to twist the tray. Do I nedd to order a new hosing to fix the problem?
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:16:40 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

OK. I cleaned the ice tray and sprayed it with Pam and installed everything. Just went in and hit the rotate button and the tray is popping out of the slot it rides in and is just turning upside down and not hitting the tab to twist the tray. Do I nedd to order a new hosing to fix the problem?

Yes,
Order a new housing / support. based on your post, something is cracked or flexxing at the critical moment. You forgot to attach a model number for your fridge, or I'd have a part number for you.

jnd42697  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:48:11 PM(UTC)
jnd42697

Got to looking at it and it is broken where the post comes through the back side of the housing. Ordered it just a minute ago. Thanks for the help.

Jeff
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 5:21:54 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Got to looking at it and it is broken where the post comes through the back side of the housing. Ordered it just a minute ago. Thanks for the help.

Jeff

Jeff,

Great deal,

I had a feeling it would be something like that.
You should be up and running in no time.

Thanks and Good Luck,
jnd42697  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 27, 2011 4:05:09 PM(UTC)
jnd42697

Well it is actually making ice now but I have a question. How long should it take between cycles for it to drop ice. Right now it is taking about 2 1/2 hours for the ice to drop. Freezer temp is set on zero.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:15:31 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Well it is actually making ice now but I have a question. How long should it take between cycles for it to drop ice. Right now it is taking about 2 1/2 hours for the ice to drop. Freezer temp is set on zero.

JND,

Glad your up and running,and making ice.
As for ice making time time, you're doing Good. Temperature and airflow is part of the equation,but its normal for that style ice maker to take 2 to 2 1/2 hours to produce a batch of ice cubes.

You're doing fine, as well as can be expected.

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply