Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
radair  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:22:27 PM(UTC)
radair

Groups: Registered

I have been trying to repair my fridge for couple weeks now, unsuccessfully. The adaptive defrost is not working, so the coil freezes up. I have replaced the thermostat, then the heating element. Still no success. I have continuity thru the t-stat & about 28 ohms thru the element, power only from the red wire that goes to the condenser fan.

I have attempted the "forced" defrost cycle, (clicking the light switch 5 times), I hear the fan go off, switches clicking, but do not see any sign of defrosting in the element.

Should there be voltage from the brown wire (read only once for a few seconds)? No voltage reading from any other pin (plug) other than the red/tracer one (to condenser fan). Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.