Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Raidem8  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2011 3:29:36 PM(UTC)
Raidem8

Groups: Registered

Our GE refrigerator is only 7yrs old and it has stopped working intermittently. The first thing that happened, was the ice and water dispenser stopped working. It still makes ice, but you can't get it to dispense it or any water. That was also intermittent at first. The water would work, then it wouldn't, but eventually, they both stopped working. Then it started making a clicking sound, on and off. The green power light for the water and ice dispenser blinks off and on when it clicks. When this is happening, the lights are on in the unit, but it is not cooling. It does not seem to be totally off, because it takes a long time for the unit to start sweating inside. Then, for no apparent reason, it will stop clicking and just start working again. It has been doing this for 2 days. I am willing to replace whatever is broken myself, just not sure what is at fault.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.