Discuss

U-Line Mini fridge bad Air Flow. HEEELP!

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Good Morning everyone. I hope ya'll are all doing well. Before I state my refrigerator issue, I must clarify that

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » U-Line Mini fridge bad Air Flow. HEEELP!

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 AM

jbranham is on a distinguished road
Default U-Line Mini fridge bad Air Flow. HEEELP!
Brand: -other-   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Good Morning everyone. I hope ya'll are all doing well.

Before I state my refrigerator issue, I must clarify that I am merely an assistant trying to shed some light on my boss's U-line refrigerator he's having problems with.. I have been sent on a journy that I know nothing about when it comes to repairs and mechanics and I am utterly lost as to what I am looking for or need to conceder...

If someone out there on this board could be so kind as to throw some suggestions my way I would be greatly appreciated...

So here is an exert from my boss's email :

This is a small, 15" wide fridge with a stainless front from a company called, "U-Line". It hasn't been keeping anything cold enough, even though it is new. We hired a technician to come to the house, and he was worthless.

The real problem is a bad design with no forced air circulation and shelves that don't leave any room for natural air circulation. The bottom shelf of the fridge had frozen drinks, while everything was warm on the top shelf.

One solution: can one of you find me a small, battery-powered fan? It would need to be a maximum of 4.5", and it doesn't need to move that much air. In fact, a small, efficient fan that moves just a little bit of air and lasts a long time on batteries would be perfect. If it had a timer that would cycle it on/off, that would be even better.

I suspect you will find lots of small battery-powered fans on the market, but I think it might be hard to find one that lasts a long time on batteries. I don't want to have to change out batteries every 3 days or anything like that, so if you can't find a long lasting one, we might have to drill out the side of the fridge and install a cable with a plug.

Another partial solution: wire racks instead of glass shelves. These won't look as good, but may allow more circulation."

Ack! Is it possible to really find a battery powered fan that will last more than 30 hours or so on battery life? I keep finding the small RV fridge fans but I just don't know if thats what he needs or not??

If anyone has any ideas on what to do, i'd love to hear it.

I believe this is the model he has:
2115R, U-Line, Refrigerators, Refrigeration

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.