Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stefluvs2sign  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2011 7:17:12 PM(UTC)
stefluvs2sign

Groups: Registered

Hello any help is appreciated as my washer just broke and I cannot afford to fix the fridge too. The freezer works like a champ but my milk keeps spoiling in the fridge and other dairy items. The wall in the fridge that separates the freezer from the fridge always has icicles hanging off of the part that seems to house some part. Someone told me that is where the cold air from the freezer comes over to cool the fridge. I had never heard this. This is my first side by side bought off of CL last year. I hate it. Any advice is appreciated on what I can try to fix it myself.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:52:32 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts includes a wiring diagram.
Replacement parts for FRIGIDAIRE FRS23LH5DS7 Frigidaire/refrigerator | AppliancePartsPros.com

[COLOR="DarkRed"]The freezer works like a champ but my milk keeps spoiling in the fridge and other dairy items. The wall in the fridge that separates the freezer from the fridge always has icicles hanging off of the part that seems to house some part. Someone told me that is where the cold air from the freezer comes over to cool the fridge.[/COLOR]
Yes the cold air for the fresh food side enters here through the damper (Item 115 in Section 5). The damper also regulates the amount of cold air entering the fresh food side.

I am not sure why it has icicles.
The first thing I would check is the temperature in the freezer, should be between 0 and 5 degrees F.

Check if the unit has a vent between the sides lower down. It should be clear on both sides if it has one.

Is the evaporator/freezer fan running?

Could be a door seal is leaking so you are getting too much warm moist air into the unit. Take a 2 inch strip of paper and place it between the seal and the frame, close the door and then pull the paper out to see if the seal is Good. Work your way around the doors doing it every 6 inches or so.
Check that the seal on the hinge sides are OK. Sometimes they can grap and flof over so they do not seal correctly. This can often be fixed with a light coating of white lithium grease or vaseline.

Here is a good site with basic fridge repair/troubleshooting info.
http://www.applianceaid.com/frig.html
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply