Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NeuroJoe  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 2:51:25 PM(UTC)
NeuroJoe

Groups: Registered

Recently my side by side started getting too warm. The condenser fan wasnt turning without a push, so i figured bad bearings and replaced that motor. The bottom of the coils in the freezer compartment had no frost on them while the top had too much. I thought maybe coolant leak, but the radiator coils under the fridge were severely clogged with dust, so i cleaned those well. I also replaced the defrost timer because the evap fan wasnt coming on with the compressor. That solved the problem for a few days, but then the evap fan stopped coming on again when it should. When i pull the brown and yellow leads off of the evap motor i get 120 v across them. When i put the leads back on the evap motor, i only get 1-2 v reading across the terminals. Same with the brown and yellow wires at the defrost timer, only 1-2 v when it had been 120v with the new timer for a few days. Figuring there was a problem with the original evap motor, i replaced that too, but the new one reads the same. Help! I'm ready to kick this thing to the curb.

Thx,

Joe
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.