Discuss

Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Originally Posted by carlrose ...I discovered that the inlet tube had an ice plug which I removed... ...I do not

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrose View Post
...I discovered that the inlet tube had an ice plug which I removed...

...I do not know if the bad modules and the ice plug were somehow related...

No, they are not related. Sounds like the water inlet valve is the culprit.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP3160649

Part number: AP3160649

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsflagday View Post
Gene, our 3-year-old Kitchenaid KSRV22FVSS makes ice, dumps it into the bin, but when one presses the outside lever to get ice none dispenses. The motor can be heard, but the augur does not turn. Any suggestions as to what part may be bad? The water side works fine.
Thanks.
Remove the ice bin and check the coupler (#30 on the diagram)

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 09-02-2011, 10:25 AM

diceboy15 is on a distinguished road
Default water not filling up icemaker

Gene- I have Kitchen Aid, model # KSRP25FSSS01. Water dispenser works fine, no water going to icemaker. When I open the door and simulate it being close, that is I shut the flopper on the left and press the button at the top which turns the interior light off, the red sensor light goes out. Is this what should happen, or shold it always be flashing/solid?

I removed the icemaker and melted out the ice that was in it. What steps should I take to solve this?
Old 09-04-2011, 09:25 PM

ddsflagday is on a distinguished road
Default Our Kitchenaid Does Not Have the Coupler (#30 on Diagram)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Remove the ice bin and check the coupler (#30 on the diagram)

Gene.
Thanks for the suggestion, but our Kitchenaid KSRV22FVSS does not have the coupler. The hex drive shaft has a nylon collar over which the Part 24 fits before the hex drive shaft protrudes from Part 22. The ice bin fits directly onto the hex drive shaft. I removed the motor. The bottom of the hex shaft fits into a coupling that sits without fastener into the motor. I am able to run the motor and see into the hole where the hex drive shaft sits. The gears are not revolving, hence the hex shaft does not revolve, hence the ice bin machinery does not deliver cubes or crush them. The motor is Whirlpool No. 2322580, vendor no. ESKI.

If you would, please confirm you agree this means the motor must be replaced. Thanks. (This is annoying because our unit was purchased less than 2 years ago, and in fact the motor label states a mfg. date of 102609, about two weeks before we bought our unit!)
Old 09-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

ddsflagday,

Looks like you are on the right track. If the gears are not revolving then the motor most likely is the culprit.

The manufacturer 2322580 part number is APP Part number: W10271506

Part number: W10271506

Gene.

Old 09-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceboy15 View Post
...When I open the door and simulate it being close, that is I shut the flopper on the left and press the button at the top which turns the interior light off, the red sensor light goes out...
Sorry for the delay.

Do it again, but don't touch the light switch.

Make sure the water feeding tube into the ice maker is unclogged.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRP25FSSS01 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM

The light sensor seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it flashes correctly, sometimes there's no light at all. The tube leading into the icemaker seems to be clear. I manually added water into the icemaker, but it didnt trigger the cycle. If the optics are bad, does that mean the icemaker wont dump the ice even if filled manually? Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 PM

Default Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

Gene-
The light sensor seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it flashes correctly, sometimes there's no light at all. The tube leading into the icemaker seems to be clear. I manually added water into the icemaker, but it didnt trigger the cycle. If the optics are bad, does that mean the icemaker wont dump the ice even if filled manually? Thanks

Read more: Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com
Old 10-16-2011, 09:07 AM

ctcohen is on a distinguished road
Default Ice maker replacement

Hello

this thread has answered most of my qustions about my failed KitchenAid
model KSCS25INSS00 refrig's icemaker. Optics seem fine - 2 flashes when flapper open, led on steady when flapper closed. Apparently bad icemaker control module. My only concer before ordering a new icemaker is the fact that I do not get any voltage to the module. even unplugged, there is no voltage to the connect the icemaker hooks up to. Should that be a concern?

thanks,

Terry
Old 10-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Terry,

Possible that the optic boards are bad too even there is no error code shown. Very likely that one of the power relays is faulty.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSCS25INSS00 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.