Discuss

Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Originally Posted by amp0 I have a KitchenAid KSRK22ILSS02. The ice maker does nothing. I jumpered the T and H

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp0 View Post
I have a KitchenAid KSRK22ILSS02. The ice maker does nothing. I jumpered the T and H points and the motor does not move and the tray does not heat up. I verified 115V at the ice maker connector and I verified continuity in the wiring harness.

I replaced the motor module (W10190935) but the results are the same. Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!
Open the freezer door. Make sure the on-off switch on the right side is on. Push in the flipper on the left side and watch the status LED on the right side. Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRK22ILSS02 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-27-2012, 12:56 PM

Jonah5 is on a distinguished road

Kitchen fridge: kenmore elite 106.53709201
Garage: whirlpool ec3jhaxrs01
Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah5 View Post
Kitchen fridge: kenmore elite 106.53709201
Garage: whirlpool ec3jhaxrs01
Thanks
Perform the test as described in the attached file and post the results.

Gene.
Attached Files
File Type: doc In door ice system - component diagnostics.doc (167.0 KB, 20 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM

amp0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Open the freezer door. Make sure the on-off switch on the right side is on. Push in the flipper on the left side and watch the status LED on the right side. Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRK22ILSS02 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Sorry, I forgot to mention I did the optical diagnostics and it was OK. With the flipper NOT pushed in I get the 2 pulses. With it pushed in the LED is on solid.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 PM

Hi Gene. Performed the diagnostic test but couldn't get a harvest to initiate. Checked voltage of IM and it was normal. Replaced the garage IM with the original, same results: no harvest, normal voltage getting through. I also tried the other jumper tests and couldn't get a response on either ice maker. Any ideas? I know that the garage IM works, but all tests so far have been without response. Any chance the optics are bad?
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM

Well, after all that testing, with both IMs, I realized that this whole time the bale switch was in the OFF position! Sheeeesh! Anyway, redid test with the replacement IM (garage) and yes, the harvest initiated, finished and water dispensed. Checked lighting pattern, and only heard 3 beeps, but no light. Ran out of time, so for now I put it all back together and hope that the bale switch was the culprit for the garage IM not working.. If still no ice, I'll be back to try to diagnose some more. Thanks so far for your help, Gene!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp0 View Post
Sorry, I forgot to mention I did the optical diagnostics and it was OK. With the flipper NOT pushed in I get the 2 pulses. With it pushed in the LED is on solid.
Run the test as described in the previously posted attachment. Post the results.

Gene.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome Jonah. This switch off is also very common with brand new ice makers. Hopefully it will fix the problem.

Gene.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:19 PM

amp0 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Run the test as described in the previously posted attachment. Post the results.

Gene.
Hi Gene,

The results of the component diagnostics test are in my original post. With the T and H points jumpered, the motor does not run and the tray does not heat up. Looking for ideas on what to try next.

Thanks,
Andy
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Hi Andy,

I would recommend to replace the whole ice maker because it will make the repair much more reliable due to very low rate of successful ice maker repairs.

- The ice maker Part number: W10190961

Part number: W10190961

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.