Discuss

Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

KitchenAid ksrg25ftst01 I switched the connections at the water valve-got water to the ice maker that way. The led blinks

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 PM

flyin34 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

KitchenAid ksrg25ftst01

I switched the connections at the water valve-got water to the ice maker that way.

The led blinks and when I push in the lever on the left with the ice maker switch in the on position the led stays solid red.

I test between points L and N and am not showing any voltage.

What next???

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Remove the ice maker (the instructions are attached) but do not disconnect the wire harness. Check the water feeding tube for any icicles or frost inside.

If there are any, defrost it using a hair dryer.

If it is clear, remove the ice maker head cover and check for 120 VAC between the "L" & "N" test points. Make sure the test probes go in at least 1/2".

Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KSRA25ILSS03 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Run the test as instructed in the attached file and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRG25FTST01 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Attached Files
File Type: doc In door ice system - component diagnostics.doc (167.0 KB, 21 views)

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 09-24-2012, 04:05 PM

Ok, ran the test and the IM started a harvest cycle and water dispensed. After disconnecting power and reconnecting to check the status light, the LED flashes twice pauses and repeats itself..2 flashes every time. If I push in the lever on the left, the light stays on. Am I looking at bad optics or a bad IM??

Thanks
Quote:

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRG25FTST01 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM

Ok, ran the reset test and checked the status light and got a solid light for 5 seconds and then off....so according to the chart my optics are good. Narrowing it down....looking like the IM??

Quote:

Gene.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:10 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Yes, you are on the right track.

- The ice maker Part number: 2198597

Part number: 2198597

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM

2fast2 is on a distinguished road

Replaced ice maker as suggested. Fast, two day service from APP. Ice maker was the culprit. We're back to having plenty of ice again.
Thanks for the help, Gene.
Saved me hundreds!
Jim
Old 09-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome Jim. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:01 AM

Jonah5 is on a distinguished road
Default Kenmore ice maker not working

Hi I've got a kenmore elite fridge whose icemaker stopped 3-4 yrs ago and been making ice manually since using ice trays! Anyway that's getting old and want to fix it finally.. It just happened that my old fridge in the garage has the exact same icemaker (which still works) so I tried replacing it with that, but still no ice made. As for the lights, with door open and left flapper closed, LED lights solid. With flapper open/ light blocked, the LED alternates 2 flashes every couple seconds. With freezer door light off (using switch) the LED is off. Based on what I've read (I read this whole post-very informative, by the way) this lighting pattern seems normal for the infrared system. Is this correct? Also, when I flip the infrared switch off (on right side) the LED blinks continuously (should the LED be off when the switch is off? Water fill tube appears to be clear and the door water dispenser works fine. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:42 PM

amp0 is on a distinguished road
Default Help with ice maker troubleshooting

I have a KitchenAid KSRK22ILSS02. The ice maker does nothing. I jumpered the T and H points and the motor does not move and the tray does not heat up. I verified 115V at the ice maker connector and I verified continuity in the wiring harness.

I replaced the motor module (W10190935) but the results are the same. Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah5 View Post
Hi I've got a kenmore elite fridge whose icemaker stopped 3-4 yrs ago and been making ice manually since using ice trays! Anyway that's getting old and want to fix it finally.. It just happened that my old fridge in the garage has the exact same icemaker (which still works) so I tried replacing it with that, but still no ice made. As for the lights, with door open and left flapper closed, LED lights solid. With flapper open/ light blocked, the LED alternates 2 flashes every couple seconds. With freezer door light off (using switch) the LED is off. Based on what I've read (I read this whole post-very informative, by the way) this lighting pattern seems normal for the infrared system. Is this correct? Also, when I flip the infrared switch off (on right side) the LED blinks continuously (should the LED be off when the switch is off? Water fill tube appears to be clear and the door water dispenser works fine. Any ideas? Thanks!
What is the complete model numbers of the kitchen refrigerator and the refrigerator in the garage?

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.