Discuss

Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Originally Posted by Gene Hi Paul, If the LED is flashing while the flapper is closed, the beam is not

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Ice Maker Not Working KitchenAid

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 08:51 PM

ianflyboy is on a distinguished road
Question Icemaker not working

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Hi Paul,

If the LED is flashing while the flapper is closed, the beam is not blocked and the door light switch is not pushed in, then the problem is a bad optics. The solution is to replace both optic boards.

- The optic boards kit Part number: AP3137510

Part number: AP3137510

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRP25FNSS00 REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Hi Gene

I have Kitchenaid model KSCK25FVMS01. Icemaker was working intermittently now not at all. Water dispenser works, new filter. LED flashes twice with door open. Twice with beam flapper closed. LED is out with flapper closed and door switch pushed in simulating door closed. From previous threads this appears to be NOT normal. Am I correct in this conclusion? What is my next step. Thanks!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-10-2012, 10:19 AM

jflatley is on a distinguished road

Gene,

Read through this thread and have tried all the fixes with no luck. Icemaker is not making ice. Jumped all combos but get no reaction, line tested L and N for 120V ac (checks good) - new motor I purchased from you last year thinking that was the problem - didn't fix it and had given up. Troubleshooting again today to see if there is something I overlooked, but think I've tried everything except replacing valve. Any other suggestions before I go to that step?

Model KSRA25FKSS00

Thanks

Last edited by jflatley : 04-10-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflatley View Post
Gene,

Read through this thread and have tried all the fixes with no luck. Icemaker is not making ice. Jumped all combos but get no reaction, line tested L and N for 120V ac (checks good) - new motor I purchased from you last year thinking that was the problem - didn't fix it and had given up. Troubleshooting again today to see if there is something I overlooked, but think I've tried everything except replacing valve. Any other suggestions before I go to that step?

Model KSRA25FKSS00

Thanks
1. Did you check the water feeding tube into the ice maker for ice inside?

2. Did you swap the wires between the water inlet valve solenoids and check for water inside the ice maker after pressing the water dispenser lever?

If you did both tests and the results were negative, replace the water inlet valve.

- The water inlet valve Part number: AP5263471

Part number: AP5263471

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool KSRA25FKSS00 SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 04-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Did all that with negative results. Ordered the inlet valve. Thanks for the quick reply.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 04-11-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
You are welcome. Keep us posted.

Gene.
Wow - ordered parts yesterday afternoon, and received them before noon today. I'm impressed.

Installed valve and now the ice maker is up and running like new.

Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM

Andrew621 is on a distinguished road

Gene, thanks for all of your info on this thread. I'm pretty confident what my next steps are now. I just wanted to confirm the information on the test points on the Control Module. My wiring diagram does not show them and the only reference I saw on this thread was on 07-01-2011 and it didn't clearly lay things out. Model is KSRG22FKSS15. The troubleshooting was a bit frustrating because the trouble changed a couple of times.

Please confirm or correct:

L&N - 120V input. Powers the module. The Emitter and Receiver must be working for the power to be there. The black wire on the ice maker is a fusible link which could also be the problem.

H&T - If 120V is present, shorting H&T will bypass the bi-metal strip and the Control Module motor will run initiating a harvest cycle.

L&V - Shorting will dispense water.
M&N - ?????
H&N - Shorting powers the heater to the mold releasing the ice.

Thanks again Gene. From here I can actually see the United States but as you don't ship here I'm going to have to satisfied with your assistance and paying double the price for the parts locally.

Last edited by Andrew621 : 04-12-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Hi Andrew,

Everything you wrote is correct, but you did not mention what exactly is wrong with it?

Gene.

Old 04-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Andrew621 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I am going to be replacing the Emitter/Receiver kit.

When it first quit working the fingers on the ejector were sticking straight up. It had locked up in mid-harvest cycle. I took out the ice maker and cleaned out the ice, took out the Emitter and Receiver and cleaned off the lamp and lens. Put everything back together and it started working. Went well for two cycles then quit again. Now I'm just getting the two flashes repeating and no 120 to the ice maker harness. Going by what I've been able to figure out from your recommendations the first step will be to replace the kit. Can you tell me what shorting M&N does, if anything. I'm making notes in the manual for next time.

Thanks again.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.