Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
apistan  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 12:11:15 PM(UTC)
apistan

Groups: Registered

The trouble began when we replaced the water filter. Afterwards, there was floating debris in the water. We thought we could simply flush this stuff out of the cooling coil by running a few gallons of water through. This didn't work. After running the filter counter down from 99 to 85, we decided that the problem was probably a faulty filter. Anyway, at the count of 85, the water dispenser quit working, the microswitch clicks but nothing happens. BTW, the ice maker still works. I suspect the problem is either in the microswitch or in the no-drip valve near the activation lever. Trouble is, how to get access to these components. How does one do this. It appears that the black plastic bezel on the front panel is firmly attached and I'm afraid that if I try to pry it loose, it will break. I cannot see any screws that would let me remove anything. Can someone tell me how to remove this bezel so that I can gain access to the interior of the door and inspect the microswitch and no-drip valve? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

reflectorfilms  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:14:50 PM(UTC)
reflectorfilms

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: apistan Go to Quoted Post
The trouble began when we replaced the water filter. Afterwards, there was floating debris in the water. We thought we could simply flush this stuff out of the cooling coil by running a few gallons of water through. This didn't work. After running the filter counter down from 99 to 85, we decided that the problem was probably a faulty filter. Anyway, at the count of 85, the water dispenser quit working, the microswitch clicks but nothing happens. BTW, the ice maker still works. I suspect the problem is either in the microswitch or in the no-drip valve near the activation lever. Trouble is, how to get access to these components. How does one do this. It appears that the black plastic bezel on the front panel is firmly attached and I'm afraid that if I try to pry it loose, it will break. I cannot see any screws that would let me remove anything. Can someone tell me how to remove this bezel so that I can gain access to the interior of the door and inspect the microswitch and no-drip valve? Thanks.

Hello, I would like to say that I've experienced the exact same troubles with my water flow that are described above, apistan. This could have been written by me, word for word. The troubles started when I replaced the filter, and the bits of semi-transparent debris started coming out in the water. I figured that while flushing out the air in the filter, the inside of the water supply tube coil (found under the lower veggie drawer in the refrigerator) was disturbed and was ridding itself of this debris which had stuck to the walls of the tube over time. I had seen some of this debris in the water before, but simply running a gallon or so through would clear it up. But in this instance, it never cleared up, for a heck of a lot of gallons. I didn't have to take the filter capacity down to 85% before it simply stopped. I tried to blow some compressed air through the line from where it attaches to the valve at the wall, and back the other way too, but it seems like a full plug-up in the line of that debris, but more likely a switch that has gone bad and is keeping the valve closed? I would explore a bit behind the dispenser, but do not know how to safely remove the bezel or cover from the front of the freezer door. A parts diagram shows clips along the top and bottom (none on the sides) but I don't know if I should just force it beyond my comfort zone, risking breaking the plastic. Can anyone offer any insight into why the water has stopped, and why the bits of debris never stopped coming through? And also, can someone help me know how to safely remove the dispenser cover?

Thanks,
Ben
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply