Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wendylw  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 3:58:47 PM(UTC)
wendylw

Groups: Registered

:mad: Fridigaire freezer out of blue the warning buzzer & light went off. I changed the thermostat control. The walls are cold but not freexing anything. It is 7 years old bought in May 2004 by Dec 2004 they were replacing. It is just the freezer no fridge attached 20.3 cubic feet. I can hear it click on but it just won't freeze. Does anyone have any idea if it could be the comprerror & how can I tell. My old freezer is about 25 years old and other than having to defrost has never missed a beat. But is smaller & not everything will fit. The compressor is under warranty but any help in trying to figure out if it is the compressor would be a great help and if anyone has a ball park figure on how much the repair (I have to pay service call & repair) would be. Would be a help I am a nurse but have invasive cancer 3 years ago & this wouldn't have been as serious because I was able to work now I can't chemo & radiation to area is going to have a 6 months break me & recovery phase and that is if I am lucky. Any suggestions,ideas, help would be so greatly appreciated.

I did change the thermostat wiring switch but that didn't solve the problem. Semmed to maybe help a bit, not entirely sure I don't see a whole lot of difference. TYIA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.