Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob Watts  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 4:57:36 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Groups: Registered

Soon after hurricane Irene our refrigerator quit working. The area where I would touch on the display to change the settings blinks every second and as it blinks the dispenser door make the sound as if the door was closing every second also.
The display it self does not come on as well as the interior fridge light does not come on. I should also mention that I do not hear the compressor making any noise as if it were trying to start.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Bob Watts  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:33:37 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

No ideas??? I really have no idea where to start to troubleshooting. I was hoping to get alot more years out of this fridge.
Bob Watts  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 6:45:00 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Well here I go again. I still own this refrigerator but have a new one. We had someone look at the refrigerator but it suddenly started working again when I plugged it back in. There was nothing he could do since it started working. He just mentioned something about the problem possibly being the circuit board. About a week later it stopped working again so my wife and I decided just to get a new one through our insurance.
To this day every time that I plug it in it works fine. I'd like to sell it for $400-$600 but I don't want to sell it to anybody until I can figure out what the problem is.
Like I had originally posted the fridge would not start when I plugged it in. The ice dispenser door would just click like it was opening and closing and the lighted touch screen buttons would blink. The interior lights would not work and the compressor would not start.
I could simply bring it out to the curb and it would be gone in seconds. Somebody who knows what their doing could put as little as $100 into it and have a perfectly good fridge for 10+ years.
I'd rather put that $100 into it and make a little profit on it myself. :rolleyes:
So if anybody has any input on what may be wrong or how I can diagnose it please let me know. Thanks.
Bob Watts  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:56:28 AM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Nothing? I was hoping someone had an answer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply