Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paqman  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 3:30:52 PM(UTC)
paqman

Groups: Registered

We are looking to buy an upright freezer, and with the features and price range we are looking at, we have narrowed it down to three choices. Two of which are Frigidaire, and one is Whirlpool. The two Frigidaire models are FFU21F5HW (frost free, 21cf), and LFFH21F7HW (Lowes exclusive, frost free 20.5cf). The whirlpool model is the EV201NZTQ. Interestingly enough, this one shows up as 17 cf on some sites, and 20cf on others. I think that's a typo.

Anyway, you don't have to comment on the individual models if you don't want, I guess we're more curious about your opinions between the two brands. We're mostly worried about reliability and longevity. We plan on buying an extended warranty, but we are hoping to find one that will last much longer than 5 years.

Any advice you might offer would be appreciated, thanks!

I hope this doesn't spur any Ford/Chevy type flame wars here. :-)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.