Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbili  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2009 6:42:38 PM(UTC)
jbili

Groups: Registered

My ice maker is supplying just a little too much water to the tray. My cubes are coming out all attached at the top with a thin layer of ice.
After a few cycles the water starts to spill over during the freezing process and the whole ice tray becomes one solid block.
I followed a few threads before this and took out my ice maker and de -iced it along with the big hunk of ice at the back of the freezer.

Is there a control to limit the supply of water into the tray on my model? I popped open the back cover and didn't see any labeled dials.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Joe B
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

jbili  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 11:10:16 AM(UTC)
jbili

An update. The ice making unit now seems to be frozen. It will not move to dump the ice. The inlet "bucket " is free of ice and the inlet hose is also clear. As I was watching it last night and earlier today water would run off into the ice tray even when the ice was just about frozen solid but it did not appear to be coming from the inlet hose.

Thanks for any help
Joe
jbili  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:43:47 PM(UTC)
jbili

Last night I discovered where the water flow switch was from the service guide. I turned the flow down and it made one good tray of ice.
After that it filled with water and stopped making ice.

And to top it all off now with the bar up, every now and then water FLOWS out of the cube tray into the ice tray below.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply