Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bill franklin  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 4, 2009 1:01:27 PM(UTC)
bill franklin

Groups: Registered

fresh food door top end cap is broken and need replacement. But available options are not the same part. Per the diagram it should be part 1002. However while the broken part does have 2 holes in the top - and 2 on the sides, the elbow bends to the left. In the picture it bends to the right. Apparently the part has been updated, part in comparison to my broken part it is too small.

One difference might be that my refrigerator has installed an optional front wood panel. Would different trim kits come with the paneling and do I then need to be looking into a completely different site instead of GE refrigerators?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2009 2:54:50 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Replacement parts for GE TNX22BACALWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

fresh food door top end cap is broken and need replacement. But available options are not the same part. Per the diagram it should be part 1002. However while the broken part does have 2 holes in the top - and 2 on the sides, the elbow bends to the left. In the picture it bends to the right.
If your door has been installed on the opposite side then it would be 1001.

Apparently the part has been updated, part in comparison to my broken part it is too small.
This may be part of the panel kit, could not find a shipping list for the kit so do not know. In any case if it is too small then the previous answer does not help you.

One difference might be that my refrigerator has installed an optional front wood panel. Would different trim kits come with the paneling and do I then need to be looking into a completely different site instead of GE refrigerators?
No I think you are stuck with GE.
I assume you have the original manual or have downloaded it from the GE site. Unfortunately it does not give much info on what is included with a panel kit.
I believe your panel kits are TKP22ACBB (black) or WW (white). Could not find anything on a wood panel kit.
Call GE maybe they can supply you with a ship/parts list.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply