Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dwight121  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 4:53:26 PM(UTC)
Dwight121

Groups: Registered

I posted this before, still not resolved the problem.
Ref at 50 degrees, freezer at 0 degrees.
I have replaced the fresh food sensor, the main board, and the control board ( one with temp control knobs). The damper door will not stay open enough to allow ref to cool. If I prop it open as suggested, messes up defrost cycle.
I have pulled damper door loose, which allows the ref to become cool until the unit goes into defrost, then the heat from defrost heats ref also.
What else controls the damper door opening and closing? I seem to move freely, just not often enough.
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 6:21:38 PM(UTC)
applianceman

That model number didn’t seem to be right so I couldn’t look it up but if the door is open for more than three minutes the refrigerator will go into what they call liner protection mode that will close the damper. What I have seen is that sometimes the refrigerator door will work itself down to the point that it will no longer hit the door switch therefore the damper will close. If this is the case you can adjust the door back up with the bolt at the bottom of the door and put lock tight on it to prevent this from happening again. Note that I haven’t seen this problem in a while because after GE became aware of this they fixed it from the factory. Also the door switch can be bad causing the same problem. Hope this helps!! Refrigerator repair guide
Dwight121  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2009 6:37:52 PM(UTC)
Dwight121

Thank you!!! Appliance Man!! That was the problem.
Model was GSS20IEPHWW
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply