Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Maine  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 4:29:59 PM(UTC)
Mark Maine

Groups: Registered
Views messages in topic : 2

My ice auger motor is not working. When the pad is pressed, the flap opens, lcd shows ice dispensing, no motor sound, no ice. Same in cube or crushed. I've read many posts about testing for power to the motor, but get stumped with getting to the motor. My door panel does not have a access panel to the motor. Just 2 screws to remove the drive collar plate. All the instructions I've read show an access plate from below to access the motor and conector. Please don't tell me I have to remove the whole inside panel to access the motor/conector, to troubleshoot my "no ice dispensing"
Mark
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Mark Maine  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 7:02:27 PM(UTC)
Mark Maine

Groups: Registered
Views messages in topic : 2

Well I found the motor, but have concerns. There was a large amount of water/condensation on top of the motor. When I disconected the plug to the motor I also found water in the plug. Dried it out, reasembled, but no luck. I tried to the test checking power to the motor but it is very difficult to get pins in there as the front panel needs to be pluged in at the same time. Should I remove the motor and try to bench test? If the motor needs replacing I would be concerned about condensation burning it out again. I checked the flap, it seals good.
Any help would be great. New motor every year would get real old. ($110.00 plus)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply