Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dvjorge  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 5:01:24 PM(UTC)
dvjorge

Groups: Registered

Hi guys,
I really appreciate your help. My Frigidaire refrigerator isn't cooling well. It is a 1999 model with a top freezer . I don't know if this problem is caused by the compressor age or another reason. I have it setup to the coolest temperature in the temperature control and I cleaned the back. The fan is also working. In fact it is cooling but weak. For example, it doesn't keep the ice cream and take 1 day and half to make ice. I couldn't find oil anywhere thinking in a gas escape. Please, I would like to get some clue about it . Don't know if the temperature control is bad, thermostat or if it is time to replace the refrigerator. I really want to keep it if it is possible since it is mint cosmetically. The coil isn't cover with ice either because I removed the cover and checked it.

Update : I removed the freezer bag panel where the coil is and found the coil frosted only partially. The complete coil have around 6 pipe sections and only the top pipe had excessive frost, the rest no frost but only wet.

Thanks for any help about it.

George.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.