Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aftergolf  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 8:55:09 AM(UTC)
aftergolf

Groups: Registered

have a 15 year old GE Frig, model # TBH24TQDR that has a gasket seal problem with the freezer.
I purchased both the freezer and frig gasket. The Gasket part #'s are Freezer - WR24X438 and Frig - WR24X437.
The parts arrived in a large box, and on each of the gasket boxes there are directions for straightening out the gaskets by putting the gaskets in almost boiling water. I have tried this 3 times on the freezer gasket with no success, and the gasketing will not stay on the door because it is twisted so bad. Clearly this is an issue, or there would not be instructions on the box. I contacted GE and they no longer have any technical support.
The old gasket material is all soft rubber, but the new gasket has a hard, nylon type material that goes into the groove of the door. The nylon material I suspect is the culprit with my problem.
Looking for help on how to resolve, as the installation is not difficult if the gasket will lay flat.
Please help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.