Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
denise319  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:22:56 AM(UTC)
denise319

Groups: Registered

Of course as soon as I have no warranty, I have problems with my refrigerator. Okay, I have a black (inconsequential, I know) Kenmore bottom freezer and I have completely cleaned and defrosted the freezer 3 times in the past month. This last time I left the panels off in the freezer to see how quickly it ices and it happened within 3 or 4 days. (not completely but soon I'll have to defrost again). Does anyone have an idea which direction I should go to repair this? The fan comes on, the freezer cools, and it is really clean now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The fact that my children get in and out of the fridge and freezer for ice...would that have hurt it?

I'm rather handy at fixing things and would like to figure this out without having to call the repair guy (money tight, you know, the times :( ). Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:11:37 AM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Looks like the problem is a faulty defrost system. You can find the complete troubleshooting instructions in one of our previous posts: http://forum.appliancepartspros...frigerator-too-warm.html

The defrost timer is #12 on the diagram. The defrost thermostat is #27 on the diagram. The defrost heater is #15 on the diagram.

Post the results and we will help you with the correct part numbers.

Gene.
denise319  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 10:38:07 AM(UTC)
denise319

Thank you so much, I will read and look at it today. I saw that post and considered it but just wasn't sure. Again much appreciated!
denise319  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:17:01 PM(UTC)
denise319

I have located two parts on two of the diagrams, but there isn't any #27 in the linked diagram (I found my manual and it only goes up to 26 as well). Any ideas?

This has been so helpful and as soon as I figure out this last part, I will try to figure out what to order. Thanks in advance!
Gene  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:29:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Yes, you are right. The defrost thermostat is missing on the diagram. It should be attached to the evaporator coil and the picture of the part will help you to locate it.

UserPostedImage

Gene.
denise319  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 8:23:12 AM(UTC)
denise319

Sorry not to post sooner but I let the refrigerator run awhile to make sure it kept working, After following Gene's advice and troubleshooting down to the thermostat, we replaced it and all is working well. Thank you so much!
Gene  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 2:28:36 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. We are glad you were able to fix it.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply