Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim the Wiz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:30:07 AM(UTC)
Jim the Wiz

Groups: Registered

I replaced the Water Valve and now there is no outlet water, this is the 2nd valve I replaced. before I replaced the valve I had too much water, I had ice and an overflow of water into the ice tray. why do I not have water coming from the outlet? please someone help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:29:44 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you put voltage to the valve connections to see if it works then.
could the line be stopped up before it gets to the valve.
Manually put water in the ice mold and see if it starts cycling after it freezes and dumps the ice.
Jim the Wiz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:12:21 AM(UTC)
Jim the Wiz

I have checked the tube going from the outlet to the ice maker by blowing air and there is no plug.
I tried to check continuity and got nothing from either of the 2 new valves I received. the ice maker was making ice with the old valve just too much water, the water would not stop. with the "new" valve I do not get water at all. how do I put voltage to the valve other then plug it to the frig connection? I will try the water in the ice maker manually. if that works then what about the valve?
woodchuckie  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:26:32 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

swapping the wires with the other valve and depress the water switch should send water to the ice maker letting you know if the valve works.

I have also used the leads from a 12 volt battery charger to test things like that.
Jim the Wiz  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:24:38 AM(UTC)
Jim the Wiz

I don't mean to sound stupid, but where do I locate the "water switch", I have the ice maker "on" meaning the arm is in the down position. I really believe the valve is good, I talked to an engineer at work about coils and another way to check,(the resistance) and it is as he said if good, so.... could the ice maker itself now be bad? this is driving me crazy.
woodchuckie  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 4:36:29 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

With the two new valves I assumed you also have a water dispenser. I meant to swap the wires on the dispenser and ice maker valve. then when you try to get water from the dispenser the water will go to the ice maker letting you know the valve works and line is clear.
Jim the Wiz  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 1, 2009 8:40:15 AM(UTC)
Jim the Wiz

Oh, I have 2 valves because I had purchased 1 and thought is was broken so they sent a second one.
I only have a ice maker. any ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply