Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bluejakeditto  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 5:17:51 AM(UTC)
bluejakeditto

Groups: Registered

I purchased and received a compressor kit for my KitchenAid side by side. A dryer (part # 4387019) came with the kit and I need advice on how and where to install it. The dryer device has one threaded attachment end and 2 other "welded sealed" ends. What goes where?

Thanks, Roy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 7:29:43 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

You shouldn't attempt to replace your compressor. Breaking the sealed system open should only be done by a qualified and EPA licensed repairman.
bluejakeditto  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 8, 2011 7:50:31 PM(UTC)
bluejakeditto

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
You shouldn't attempt to replace your compressor. Breaking the sealed system open should only be done by a qualified and EPA licensed repairman.

You didn't have a problem with SELLING the compressor kit to a unqualified and EPA licensed repairman, why can't you answer my question?

Roy
magician59  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 5:25:50 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Roy:
I didn't mean to offend you in any way. First, We who answer your questions don't represent the company that sold you the compressor. We just post our best (we hope) answers to help individuals make the right choices in repairing their own appliances.

Secondly, The person who advised you to purchase the compressor (unless you made the decision without coonsulting someone) should have warned you that the EPA makes it illegal for anyone other than a licensed technician to service a sealed refrigerant system.

Finally, forgive me for not answering your question. The dryer is installed in the refrigerant line between the evaporator and the compressor. Look for a similar-looking device on your refrigerator, right next to your compressor. One end of it is the capillary tube; the other end is soldered to the suction side of your compressor.
bluejakeditto  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:06:50 AM(UTC)
bluejakeditto

First, I want to thank you for answering my question.

The device (part # 4387019) that came with my compressor kit apparently has a service access port and probably should have been installed on the suction side of the compressor as you stated. Unfortunately, I (right or wrongly) understood it to be a "liguid line" filter and installed it between the condensor and evaporator coils. Anyway, the frig seems to be working ok for now.

Thanks, Roy
bluejakeditto attached the following image(s):
filter dryer device.jpg
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply