Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fixit54  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:00:00 AM(UTC)
fixit54

Groups: Registered

I have replaced the icemaker in my refrigerator, and am not getting water to the maker. Original problem was that water was pouring into icemaker(fast) and not stopping, running out onto floor. Assumed it was icemaker not stopping water, but when I installed new unit... no water. I have checked the fill tube from back of unit into freezer and there is no frozen ice. There is not any water in tube from valve to the back of the unit. I still get water from the water dispenser in the door. Don't know what to check next
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fixit54  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:04:33 AM(UTC)
fixit54

Also, I did verify that the unit has power and is cycling.
woodchuckie  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:30:35 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Try swapping the wires on the dual water inlet valve on the back where the water supply comes in. Then try the water dispenser. The water should go to the ice maker. This will tell you weather or not the ice maker valve is working and if the line is clear.
fixit54  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 6:51:10 AM(UTC)
fixit54

The 2 plugs are different sizes, was able to swap 1 of them....Now when I press for water, there is no power, press icemaker and it tries to dispense. After it dispenses I hear a sound that sounds like water flowing, but it is not flowing into the icemaker, sounds like it is in the door.
fixit54  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:04:55 AM(UTC)
fixit54

I just switched the 2 plugs back, and the water dispenser does not work. No sound from it. Does it need to cycle for a while?

Ok, I had turned off water, then forgotten to turn water back on.

Now when I press ice dispenser, I get a puddle of water on the floor did not see origin.(water dispenser dispensing and overflowing)
woodchuckie  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:35:29 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

Disconnect the line coming out of the water inlet valve on the back and see if it keeps leaking there. May be sediment in the line preventing the valve from closing.
fixit54  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:41:31 AM(UTC)
fixit54

No leaking from the back, I think when I cycled the icemaker, with plugs switched, it sent water to dispenser. there is no water in the line between the valve and the entry to the freezer at top to unit. Seems like the valve is not opening. Considering that before I replaced icemaker, it was stuck open(had to shut off all water to fridge), it sounds like it may be the valve. Is there a way to "clean it", or to test it? Water lines are diff sizes so can't swap them.
fixit54  
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:28:43 PM(UTC)
fixit54

With the info I hade, I decided to replace the inlet/solenoid unit and that fixed the problem. Water flowed to icemaker before I finished putting screws back!!!

Thanks woodchukie!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply