Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ddillingham  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:15:26 AM(UTC)
ddillingham

Groups: Registered

My ice maker is working fine except the frig was in storage for awhile and the auger got rusty on the surface I guess because it wasnt dried off before going to storage. Now when the ice falls it has rust on it and no one wants that in their glass.

I am wondering if I should sand the rust off the surface or replace the auger. If I replace the auger would it be very difficult since I am not that good with fine detail. looking at it I cannot tell where the screws are. Can you give me some advise on how to take the rusty one out and put a new one in.

Thank you very much

Diann
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kevmyers11  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 5, 2011 1:08:36 AM(UTC)
kevmyers11

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: ddillingham Go to Quoted Post
My ice maker is working fine except the frig was in storage for awhile and the auger got rusty on the surface I guess because it wasnt dried off before going to storage. Now when the ice falls it has rust on it and no one wants that in their glass.

I am wondering if I should sand the rust off the surface or replace the auger. If I replace the auger would it be very difficult since I am not that good with fine detail. looking at it I cannot tell where the screws are. Can you give me some advise on how to take the rusty one out and put a new one in.

Thank you very much

Diann

I had the same problem woth my GE, and it was very easy to repair. Only 4 screws which I marked to ensure they went back correctly and I sanded the rust off with steel wool and it has been fine for almost 3 years now. My suggestion is mark everything with a sharpee pen, even place arrows on things. Good luck...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply