Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adammac23  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2011 1:47:10 PM(UTC)
adammac23

Groups: Registered

Was just informed by GE and my warranty provider that they refuse service due to an unauthorized "A line tap into a sealed system" that a GE Factory rep would NEVER perform. Work has always been performed through the Warranty company, Assurant who have records that state all work has been performed by GE factory reps. So the theory is that I decided to inexplicably go outside the warranty service and pay for unauthorized repairs. GE rep came on 7/20 because the unit was not cooling on either side. He plugged in his lap top and sat on the phone with his techs for an hr before declaring he thought he had solved the problem. The temp appeared to be coming down so I went back on vacation. Upon returning, the unit was at room temp. So we got GE back out on 7/27. We had unplugged the unit, so he plugged it back in and looked a bit, and stated he would have to come back in the AM as it was one of 2 problems, a electronic sensor or compressor. In the morning he could tell. He never returned or called, so I got with GE who stated it was unrepairable and he would not return. The warranty service scheduled another visit which GE refuses to do due to a new note in their system showing the unauthorized A line tap. They are stating I have voided the warranty. No other person other than GE reps in GE vans have worked on the unit. Is this a scam to avoid a warranty pay out? Can I see this A line tap? Has anybody heard of this nonsense? Is there a way to prove my position? Interesting point to add GE is now saying the tech on 7/20 entered the a line tap into his system. How could he see this from his lap top? How is it GE then returned on 7/27 even thought it is their staunch policy not to. Fishy. Any experience in this would be greatly appreciated. If there is an A line tap a GE man had to do it. What would he have been trying to fix. Maybe that could help me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.