Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
pauljames123  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:38:20 PM(UTC)
pauljames123

Groups: Registered

Can anyone tell me if the heater coil surrounding the icemaker water fill tube is bad and if so, what test or resistance should be present at this coil. It has two leads, one in and one out. The tube keeps freezing shut which leads me to suspect that the coil is not heating.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

woodchuckie  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:29:25 PM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Groups: Senior Expert

I'm not familiar with a fill tube heater but when the water inlet valve where the water supply comes in, leaks, it will freeze in the fill tube. You can disconnect the line coming out of the valve and see if it leaks.
dantech  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 7:50:36 PM(UTC)
dantech

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: pauljames123 Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me if the heater coil surrounding the icemaker water fill tube is bad and if so, what test or resistance should be present at this coil. It has two leads, one in and one out. The tube keeps freezing shut which leads me to suspect that the coil is not heating.

Thanks

have you found out what causes of the frozen fill tube. I have the same fridge, and the same exact problem. I even put in a new heater coil wire and still not working/tube still freezes over. Since that coil of wire should be constantly hot in order to keep the fill tube from freezing over, I can only assume power is not getting to the heater wire loop.

thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply