Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Limeydawg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:32:14 AM(UTC)
Limeydawg

Groups: Registered

My GE is not cooling properly. I cleaned the dust off the condenser coils, and the condenser fan is running fine. I don't hear any sound from the evaporator motor. Prior to this issue, the evaporator fan was clicking when running, like the blades were striking ice buildup. Now I have nothing and the freezer compartment is noticibly warm in the ice maker area. I'm pretty sure I can replace the fan motor, and the main board is a cinch. Is this the likely cause of the lack of cooling, or should I look elsewhere?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:26:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
If the evaporator fan motor has gone bad the correction is to replace the fan motor as well as the main control board.

I would recommend to check the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat at the same time to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Here are the break down diagrams and Replacement parts for GE GSS25TGMFWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
Limeydawg  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:37:14 AM(UTC)
Limeydawg

Gene,

Thanks for the advice and the tip about the heater and thermostat. Now, if appliancepartspros could just get all those items in stock...

Mark
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2009 12:17:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Mark,

In case of any problems with on-line order just use the live chat and they will help you.

Gene.
Limeydawg  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 12:03:21 PM(UTC)
Limeydawg

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Mark,

In case of any problems with on-line order just use the live chat and they will help you.

Gene.

Great job on getting the necessary parts to me, APP.com. Came fast, which is a huge plus. I replaced the main board in about 10 minutes and everything appears to be working fine so far. I'm not sure how much I just saved by doing this by myself, but I appreciate this forum and site and will now recommend it to all my friends. Awesome.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply