Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
misterfixall  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2009 11:46:47 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

hi. customers getting some heat ,heaters all 4 get red but not altogether . the 800 watts come on for30 seconds then go off .then there is air only, then a couple minutes later the 1800 watt elements will come on for 20 second then go off. the over heat thermostat is ok.the heaters look only 1/3 red along heater coil,but heaters are fine 76 ohms+31ohms ,there is no venting problems all clear ,excellent air flow, could it be power module problem? or sensor ,thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 3:00:54 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hopefully the attached part of the Service manual will help you.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Dryers - Service tips and Test programs.doc (815kb) downloaded 102 time(s).
misterfixall  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2009 4:02:12 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

thanks Gene ,will recheck dryer+get back to you.
misterfixall  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 2:14:14 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

Hi Gene , so with this Bosch dryer, i have replaced the control board ,the heater assembly +the parts called the holder that ride on the drum under top of dryer there two of them, they have a braided wire on them,what is their purpose? are these also called moisture sensors? still only gettig 1/2 heat. tried gettin test program working, does no want to kick in.are there other sensors that would create this problem, and where are they? near inside door? like a nipple ?this is not a condensing dryer, getting 240 to dryer ,with venting off, thanks, not thinking too clearly these days.
Gene  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:44:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Murray,

Did you check the R2 & R3 NTCs? You can do it from the control module as shown in the attached file.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
WTA3510 - Resistance Measuring.doc (727kb) downloaded 55 time(s).
misterfixall  
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:24:24 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

the ntcr2 is new ,it came with new heater. so are you saying a faulty ntc r3 at door can contribute to 1/2 heat? there is nothing else to replace. thanks Gene
Gene  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:28:38 PM(UTC)
Gene

Murray,

As per the last attachment the control module measures drying temperatures and turns off the heaters as needed to lower temperatures to proper levels. It does it whenever the drum rotates counterclockwise.

If there is nothing wrong with the NTCs I would check the motor. It should not rotate in one direction only.

Did you check the dryer on all possible heat settings?

Did you try both Auto and Timed cycles? WTA 3500/3510 UC/13 vented dryers have Timed Dry cycles which use less energy than WTA 3500 UC/04 -UC/10 dryers (to meet Canadian energy requirements). These dryers can take longer to dry laundry during Timed Dry.

Which of the control boards did you replace - the power module or the operating (selector/display) module?

Gene.
P.S. Occasionally the moisture sensors will need cleaning, due to a build-up of a fine layer of lime scale on the inside of the drum. This build-up of lime scale can be easily removed by wiping the sensors, the metal inserts in the paddles, and the inside of the drum with a soft cloth soaked in vinegar (use white vinegar).
misterfixall  
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:39:19 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

the motor turns in both directions, heat in one direction ,no heat in the other direction ,the moisture sensors are new .i replaced the power module,i tried it in both time +automatic cycles ,same thing, now are you saying by replacing sensor by door wont make any difference? i will try cleaning sensor by door +inside +outside of drum. i might change the door sensor ntcr3, just for the heck of it
Gene  
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:51:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Murray,

I would replace the operating module. Looks like it does not accept different heat settings. The part number is 268348.

Gene.
misterfixall  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 4:38:53 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

Hi Gene do you know of a way of testing this module? have you come across this type of problem before that i am experiencing?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply