Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iamclueless  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:58:44 PM(UTC)
iamclueless

Groups: Registered

Hello. I currently replaced the water inlet valve that i purchased through appliance parts pros. after replacing it, i noticed that the water dispenser did not pump water. it did so before (slowly), but it was working fine. my question is, is there a wait time for the line to fill up with water ( i noticed that there was no water in the line)? i removed the line from the valve itself, pressed the button for the water (with the valve hanging over a bucket) to check and see if it would pump out. nothing happened. i am not that familiar with home electrical (i am more of a 12 volt guy), so i do have a multimeter, but kinda clueless as to what settings to set it on to check for issues. any help with this situation would be appreciated!

p.s. when i first hooked it up, i pressed the button and the water that was still in the line came out, but i also heard a clicking sound like it was turning on. i now do not hear that.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 3:46:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Double check all electrical connections. Possible you switched the wires around. Make sure the water line to the refrigerator is open.

Gene.
iamclueless  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 14, 2011 4:28:23 PM(UTC)
iamclueless

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Double check all electrical connections. Possible you switched the wires around. Make sure the water line to the refrigerator is open.

Gene.

well, i couldnt have switched the wires around. they are color coded plugs, plus the connectors on them are different sizes so you cant mess up. :) as far as the water goes, the water line is flowing into the inlet valve. im just wondering if it could be something else. i sure hope not, since i now have spent $70 on a new filter and water valve :mad: . if the water doesnt start coming out soon, what else could be the culprit?

thanks for the reply.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 15, 2011 4:08:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Remove the wires from the dispenser solenoid on the water valve and check for 120 VAC between the wires while the water dispenser calls for water.

Post the result.

Gene.
iamclueless  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 7:43:30 AM(UTC)
iamclueless

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Remove the wires from the dispenser solenoid on the water valve and check for 120 VAC between the wires while the water dispenser calls for water.

Post the result.

Gene.

well, here is what i have so far. i took the dispenser assembly off and checked for voltage at the solenoid. i got no voltage, but i am not sure that i did that correctly. i also checked for voltage at the water inlet valve to make sure that the wires were getting power. they are (at least the water dispenser is, since the ice maker is on a timer). the voltage was correct at dispensing. so, i put the dispenser wires onto the ice maker relay to see if it would dispense water. it did, but just drops. there are no kinks in the lines and i checked the water pressure coming out of the wall and all of that was great. i then checked the water tank to see if it was frozen. i cant tell. its cold, but it just looks like its full of water.

i guess my thought is, that the inlet valve has to "provide" the right amount of pressure in order for all of these things to work correctly, right? in other words, when given 120vac, it should open up fully and force the water through to desired places. my thought is, that it isnt doing that. could that be a correct assumption?

thanks for the help,
mike
iamclueless  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2011 9:00:13 AM(UTC)
iamclueless

well, i have now figured out the problem! it is in the water filter area. after i put everything back together, i figured that i would test it once again, and very little water came out. i had read in other post about putting the bypass for the water filter in and checking that. i did that and BAM!, water came shooting out! ok, so i guess now the question is, why does it work WITHOUT the filter, and not WITH the filter, considering that the filter is only 2 weeks old? does that mean that there is something wrong with the filter "plug" or "line"?

thanks for the input. all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply