Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
padum  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:34:27 AM(UTC)
padum

Groups: Registered

Question for JEFF:

You posted this test procedure:

Lets use a multi-meter to test the compressor. First unplug the refrigerator and remove the start relay off of the side of the compressor. Go to the single pin on the compressor and check to one of the pins that are side by side on the compressor. The run winding will read 1-5 ohms resistance. Then stay on the single pin and go to the other pin. The start winding will read 3-11 ohms resistance. If your readings are out of these ranges, then you have a bad compressor. If they are within these ranges, then you have a bad relay overload. Here is a link to the parts diagram. Hope this helps.

I understand start winding measurement, across the two pins but I dont understand how to make the run winding measurement (only one pin?). I have a picture of the connection on my computer and tried to insert it in this box but it did not work.

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.