Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jnrkara  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:01:13 AM(UTC)
jnrkara

Groups: Registered

Hello
MFG NO# P1125507WL Fridge up, Freezer down

Freezer is running fine, fridge warm as stated.

I removed the freezer back panel and there is slight ice build up, I feel the fan inside freezer and I feel a "humming/buzzing". If I spin the fan blades manually the motor tries to take over but seems not to have the power to keep it running.

Am I looking at a faulty motor? I looked up the Amana model in parts and did not see a motor for the circulating to the fridge.

No ice build up on the backside of fridge, coils are clean and fan underneath running fine.

Thank You
Rick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

cpak007  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:16:12 PM(UTC)
cpak007

There is a door switch that you can hold it down with door open to check fan is working or not, it should be on with in a few second, also you can check the power to motor with Volt meter.

Originally Posted by: jnrkara Go to Quoted Post
Hello
Manufacturer NO# P1125507WL Fridge up, Freezer down

Freezer is running fine, fridge warm as stated.

I removed the freezer back panel and there is slight ice build up, I feel the fan inside freezer and I feel a "humming/buzzing". If I spin the fan blades manually the motor tries to take over but seems not to have the power to keep it running.

Am I looking at a faulty motor? I looked up the Amana model in parts and did not see a motor for the circulating to the fridge.

No ice build up on the backside of fridge, coils are clean and fan underneath running fine.

Thank You
Rick
jnrkara  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:31:21 PM(UTC)
jnrkara

Originally Posted by: cpak007 Go to Quoted Post
There is a door switch that you can hold it down with door open to check fan is working or not, it should be on with in a few second, also you can check the power to motor with Volt meter.

Thank you cpak....

As it turns out, I was on the phone with Judd trying to order the new motor (which isn't listed in the parts here). I removed the motor and took emery cloth to the motor shaft cleaning build up, put some high temp grease on it and reassembled. The motor now runs like new.

I would purchase a new motor but its cost is $110.00. I will watch the the fridge and when the motor dies completely I will buy a new one. BTW the fridge in question is my man cave beer cooler only :) !

Thank you for your prompt reply!

Rick
richappy  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:17:41 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Carefully compare the AP4503254 motor to your old one, should fit.
jnrkara  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 3:19:44 AM(UTC)
jnrkara

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Carefully compare the AP4503254 motor to your old one, should fit.

Thank you richappy. That appears to be the same except with a longer shaft that would need to be cut down. At $20.00 I am on that!

again thank you

Rick
richappy  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 3:29:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The shaft has ridges in it that greatly facilitate break off. Just use two pliers and break off the shaft down to the length needed. Also, this is a universal motor. Put on the fan blade and plug in the motor. If the blade turns the wrong way, you will need to take apart the motor and reverse it. Be careful to put back all the thrust washers.
This is a much more reliable motor than your old one at a fraction of the cost!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply